Friday, September 13, 2013

Five For Friday

                  fiveforfriday2




Today I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching with my "Five for Friday". Here are five random things that I have done this week.

1. My wonderful husband took me out over the weekend to a beautiful restaurant in San Diego called C-Level. We got to watch a seal swim and play in the bay.





2. Back to School Night!
Back to School night was a success. I was met some of the parents for the first time, I was able to get parents to sign up for volunteering, and I presented our classroom procedures and routines. Here is a picture of my PowerPoint presentation:


This next pic is what I had laid out on the desks for the parents. I can't figure out where I got the "Thank you for popping in" signs, but they were a freebie from Teachers Pay Teachers, and I love them!


3. We did an adorable art project. I get to teach an art lesson to my class every other week. This week, we learned about lines. After practicing various types of lines on our whiteboards, we set to making our own line monsters.




This next one is my line monster. I am pretty proud of it :)


4. We practiced naming numbers on our whiteboards. I LOVE our math curriculum. It is called Everyday Mathematics, and it is so amazing that I very seldom need to add to it on my own. Today we came up with other names for numbers. Students could use tally marks, base-10 blocks, money, addition problems, subtraction problems, etc. Here are a few examples



5. I have been doing a TON of work on the smart board. We use the Open Court curriculum for language arts, so my job is to make Smart Board activities to go along with our units. Hopefully once I am done, I will be able to start making more items for Teachers Pay Teachers.

Happy Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment